Monday, November 30, 2009

Meatloaf Muffins

I've been making this Meatloaf recipe for years. A few years back, I saw in a tip in a kids magazine to make Meatloaf mounds. They were a hit with my kids, and now that is the only way I make it. It guarantees that they are eaten!

Now, another word here. I don't like the ketchup-y sauce that goes on Meatloaf. I actually didn't realize what a good recipe this was until I made it after I was married. We had it without the sauce, and I actually liked it! (sorry, mom!) What we do now is have ketchup on our plates to dip it in, if we wish.

Meatloaf Mounds

I like to make my Meatloaf in individual servings. It bakes faster, and is easier to serve. I used to do them in muffin tins, but didn't like how all of the fat sat on top of the muffins.

1 lb Ground Beef or Ground Turkey
1 teas salt
1 teas poultry seasoning
1 cup bread crumbs
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 c finely chopped onions (Dried works too)
1/4 tsp. sage
3/4 teas dry mustard
1 c milk

Mix everything together. Grease cookie sheet. Remove about a handful of meat, shape into a ball, and place on cookie sheet. They don't spread, so you can put all the balls close together.
Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes. Serve with ketchup, salsa, or even ranch dressing for dipping!

If you wish to add sauce, (ketchup) do so the last 5 minutes.

Loaf method: Place mixture in a loaf pan, and bake at 350 for 1 hour. Sauce will go on for the last 15 minutes.
You can also do this in a crockpot, on low for 10 hours.


Dip in ketchup, salsa, or even ranch dressing!
Serve with potatoes and a salad.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. That's a fantastic idea! Little one-serving loafs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this idea. Also, I'm going to try your recipe. I've never put poultry seasoning, sage, or dry mustard in my meatloaf. Sounds yummy.

    Just stopped by from SITS to say hi; hope you will do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea. This would work for so many things! Students who live in apartments, empty nesters, any one trying to regulate portion control. Love this idea!

    ReplyDelete