Monday, November 23, 2009

Pumpkin Cheesecake... oh, yum!

I was craving Pumpkin. Who doesn't this time of year? As I started searching recipes, I came to this amazing looking cheesecake by Paula Deen. I knew that I had to try it!

It was so easy to make, and was soooo creamy...mmm... a definite keeper!

Pumpkin Cheesecake
Paula Deen

Crust:
1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
3 tablespoons light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 stick melted salted butter

Filling: 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
1 (15-ounce) can pureed pumpkin
3 eggs plus 1 egg yolk
1/4 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions :Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

For crust: In medium bowl, combine crumbs, sugar and cinnamon. Add melted butter. Press down flat into a 9-inch springform pan. Set aside.





For filling: Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add pumpkin puree, eggs, egg yolk, sour cream, sugar and the spices. Add flour and vanilla. Beat together until well combined.
(**Maybe this was just me... but the mixture was not very smooth. I didn't worry about it, and it came out just fine. **UPDATED: I read on another blog about how to avoid clumps. Make sure your cream cheese is completely to room temp! Easy!)



Pour into crust. Spread out evenly and place oven for 1 hour.


Remove from the oven and let sit for 15 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours.

3 comments: