Friday, May 14, 2010

Teriyaki Flank Steak or Chicken



This teriyaki sauce has been in my family for years. I have fond memories of my father's huge family all gathered in my Grandaddy's backyard, swimming and playing, while he manned the bbq. Whenever anyone new tries this recipe, they drool...eat some more... drool some more...and beg for the recipe!

Flank steak is the best meat to use for this recipe. It compliments the sauce perfectly. However, I was craving it, and only had chicken (The picture is Flank steak- I made some more later!) It was super good too... but flank steak is better!

The good part about using chicken, is that the next day I turned the leftovers into Teriyaki chicken salad! Yum! That recipe will be coming up soon!

Teriyaki Sauce

Flank steak or Chicken, cut into 2" strips, across grain.

Sauce:

2 TB vinegar
1/2 teas garlic powder (I use fresh garlic)
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 chopped green onions
3 TB honey
1/2 teas ground ginger
3/4 cup oil

Mix all of the sauce ingredients in a blender, and pour over the meat. Cover and marinate for 24 hours for the best results.

To cook meat: Either grill or broil. Please do not pan fry Flank Steak. It will lose it's tenderness!

Pair with a salad, and potatoes.

5 comments:

  1. my family LOVES teriyaki sauce, so will try this on them this weekend, it would be great to be able to make it, since i have most items on hand usually and we go through so much of it! have a great weekend, anne

    www.anniebakes.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love teriyaki! This recipe looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The leftovers ARE great! We love teriyaki chicken with rice and broccoli. I've never used vinegar in our teriyaki though. I'll try this next time. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all of the wonderful comments! I hope that if you try this, you'll come back and let me know how you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds delicious! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete