Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Cinnamon Spiced Pecans


Spiced Pecans in this wonderful salad.


I love spiced nuts. Normally a winter holiday treat, I've found some good ways to put these mouthwatering morsels to use all year round. I've used at least a dozen recipes, but have at last found a winner. The mixture is wonderful on almonds as well!

Cinnamon Spiced Pecans

1 egg white
1 teas cold water
2 cups Pecans- whole or chopped
4 Tb white sugar
4 Tb brown sugar
1 Tb ground cinnamon
1/2 teas ground nutmeg
1/4 teas salt

Preheat your oven to 250 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk the egg white until frothy. Add the pecans, and stir until coated. In a separate bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients. Pour evenly over the pecans and stir to coat. Spread the nuts evenly on a greased or parchment lined baking sheet.

Roast for 1 hour; stirring every 15 minutes. Allow to cool before eating. The nuts will be a little chewy until completely cool. They will be crunchy when cool! Store in an airtight container!

What to do with the nuts:
*Feed them to hubby. Whenever I make a batch, they disappear quickly!
*Add to salads to add a touch of sweet.
*Add to cookies or other desserts! One I want to try (if I can keep them away from hubby) is this Cookie Recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod.
*The nuts are amazing on Caramel Apples! I used to make the apples with caramel, spiced pecans, and then all is coated in White Chocolate. It's also fabulous as caramel turtles! Yum!
*The nuts can be put in small cello bags, tied with a ribbon, and used as gifts!

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet crunch to add to a salad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love candied nuts and they always bring a salad up a few notches. This looks like a great recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candied nuts are definitely a winner any time of the year with me. I especially love candied pecans! Now you've got me craving a handful. Mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These would be a fabulous addition to any salad.

    ReplyDelete