Monday, July 19, 2010

The ABC Food Challenge!

As you have probably noticed, my blog is dragging as of late. With summer upon us, some things have gotten pushed down the priority list. Unfortunately, this blog has been one of them.  But... I had a brainstorm a few days ago, and came up with the ABC challenge! I'm really excited for this, and I hope you will join me!

 The ABC Challenge is simple! Each week, on Monday, I will post the letter of the week.  Your challenge is to make a complete meal with foods that start with that letter! 

For Example: The letter C. You could have Chicken with Cream Cheese and Chive dressing. Cooked Carrots on the side, and Cookies or Cake for dessert!

Get your kids involved! Not only am I doing a main meal for the entire family, but I'll also do Muffin Tin lunches for the kids with our letter of the week! 

Are you up for the challenge? Here are the rules:

1. Only the main components of the meal have to start with the assigned letter. You can use other foods to compliment or season the meal. For ex., on the "C" meal, you can use garlic on your chicken as well!

2. The letter of the week will be posted on Monday.  You have until Friday to link up your recipe or post.

3. The letters will not go in order, and will not be announced until Monday. However, if you tell me that you would like some advance notice, I can post a few weeks at a time.

4. Have fun! I am always available by email or twitter or facebook if you need ideas! 



This weeks letter is A! Go and get creative! I can't wait to see what you come up with! 


4 comments:

  1. Oh that is awesome!!! I love that idea. My daughter would love that.
    I just love your blog, and thank you for visiting me on potluck friday. It's great to meet you, just became a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a creative idea! I'll need to think a bit about a food and see what I can come up with. I hope you're having a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun challenge : ) I can't wait to see what you come up with. You are very creative for sure!

    ReplyDelete