Monday, November 8, 2010

Crispy Basil Chicken with Linguine in Lemon Cream Sauce


About a week ago, I was browsing one of my favorite blogs, Barbara Bakes, and came across her recipe for Linguine in Lemon Cream Sauce. As I drooled over the recipe, I thought of the fresh basil I had in the fridge, and how that would be good in the pasta too... or maybe with chicken... or... I'll spare you the thought process.  Here is my final result.

The pasta was really good, but I think I added too much lemon. To tone it down, I added pepper and oregano to the sauce. It was still a little tangy, but it melded well with my Crispy Basil Chicken. So, lesson learned- measure your lemon sauce!



Crispy Basil Chicken 
Recipe by The Double Dipped Life


4 Chicken breasts, cut into strips, or chicken tenders
1-2 cup flour (start with 1, add more if needed)
2 eggs, beaten
2 cups Panko bread crumbs
1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1/2 cup finely chopped fresh basil
1/4 teas pepper
1/2 teas garlic powder

Heat oven to 400.  Line a baking sheet with foil; spray with cooking spray.
Set up your breading station:
1. Fill a long, flat bowl or pie dish with the flour.
2. Fill a second with the beaten eggs
3. In a third bowl mix the Panko, Parmesan cheese, Basil, pepper, and garlic powder.

Dip the chicken pieces in the flour, coating evenly. Shake off excess. Dip in egg, and then in the Panko mixture. Coat well, and lay chicken on the foil-lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining chicken.

Bake for 15-20 minutes.

In the meantime, make your pasta!

Linguine in Lemon Sauce
Adapted from BarbaraBakes.com

14 oz dry linguine
1/2 cup light cream cheese
2 TB olive oil
2 TB lemon, juiced
1/2 teas pepper
1/2 teas oregano
1 TB lemon zest
2 TB chopped parsley

Cook linguine according to package directions.  In a small saucepan, melt cream cheese, oil, and lemon juice, pepper, and oregano over low heat.  Take 1/2 cup of the pasta water, and whisk into cheese mixture until smooth.

Drain pasta, and toss with sauce, lemon zest, and parsley.  Season with salt and pepper if desired.

Enjoy!

1 comment: